Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Daily Project at Exploring Cricut

As a mother of two sons, I never got to have frilly little birthday parties for girls. I was blessed that both of my sons gave me a granddaughter. I love making things for my two girls so much and love pink and purple. This week my youngest angel girl is having a birthday and I helped with the party supplies. Over a couple days I will show you what I have been working on. Today for my project at Exploring Cricut, I will share the treat bags for the guests. The boys are the only one with cricut, but the girls were too cute I had to share them too. I used the cartridge Disney Happily Ever After to cut the shield at 3.5 inches and the sword at 3 inches. I first ironed on Heat and Bond permanent to the fabric, removed the paper backing and put it on a new, sticky mat. I did not change any settings and it cut like paper. I positioned the pieces on the bag and ironed them on. I purchased the bags at Hobby Lobby. For the girls bags, I measured the bag around, deducted 2 inches, used non roll elastic, glued the ends together and tied pieces of tulle and tightened as I went. I stitched the tulle to the bag in 3 places and then went back with glue gun and adhered the rest. I took the trim and hot glued it to the top. These turned out cute.









1 comment:

  1. I love the little boys bag but those little tutu bags are just way to adorable!!! I so love them!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.