Monday, April 9, 2012

New challenge at Exploring Cricut

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you will join in our challenge this week at Exploring Cricut It is called "April Showers bring us Flowers" so we want you to create any project, card, layout or papercraft and use at least one flower from a Cricut cartridge in your creation. Not hard at all!! I have made a basket and used flowers from Art Philosophy. I got the basket pattern from GinaK a couple years ago and you will find directions and pictures below. I can't wait to see what you have for us!
Flowers were cut at 3.5 inches,4 inches, and 4.5 inches. I used Wilton pearls in the centers. The page was 68 font shift for the flower. The tag was cut at 1.5 inches and was on page 3 Rectangle 5. I had the Happy Easter stamp in my collection

Cut your paper 8.5 x 8.5. The handle is cut 1.5 x 11 inches.


Score your paper at 2.5 inches on all sides and cut as indicated in picture.

I then folded it in to run it through my cuttlebug 5 x 7 folder Polka Dots.

I inked the entire basket with Ranger distressed ink and cut out a border from my Martha Stewart punch and added to the handle

You fold the basket like this and I adhered with score tape since I had run it through Cuttlebug
Attached the handle with brads so that the opening part is on the outside because you can decorate both sides. This basket is really nice to add tissue paper and a small plant for Mother's Day. I did this a couple years ago for my daughter in laws. Add whatever decorations you would like now.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! What a gorgeous basket of flowers! Thank you for the detailed instructions!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL BASKET!!! I love how you were able to emboss with your cuttlebug! SUPER CUTE! And those flowers ROCK!!!

    New follower of this blog!!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous. I love the baskets and the flowers. i definitely need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Love the way your flowers turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, this is beautiful! Love, love the flowers and embossing. Thanks for the instructions too:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane you never cease to amaze! This box is so kewl! :) I will need to make one of these sometime. Bookmarks are my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Love the shape of your basket and those breathtaking flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.