Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day

Hope that your holiday has been great! Today, I am doing the daily post at Exploring Cricut. I created a shape card using the cartridge New Arrival. I have seen several variations of this card made on Pinterest, Splitcoast stampers and several blogs, but this is my version. I used my gypsy to weld two 5.5 inches onesies together for the card base and then cut a 5.5 inche piece in the pattern paper. I used a Martha Stewart punch to create lace, I tried several punches, but settled on this one because I liked it the best. To give a more ruffled looked, I put foam dots on the layers. I just tied a ribbon across the top of it. I use some little brads to make it look like snaps. On the top. I used my spellbinder dies scallop circles and used the smallest two sizes one inside the other to get a small scallop look. I just cut to fit the neck and sleeves and added tiny pearls from Michaels. It was simple and I added a verse inside. I thought about something on the outside, but nothing was right so I left it alone. I plan to use this for a shower gift for my nephews wife.



4 comments:

  1. She is going to really like it. The detailing is superb:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Diane!!! I love it! And here I thought that was real lace and it's a punch. Awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this is so cute! I love the 'frills' and never would have known that wasn't real lace from your picture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.