Monday, March 12, 2012

New challenge at Exploring Cricut

Today we are starting a new challenge at Exploring Cricut. It is called "Food Frenzy" Create a card, layout, or papercraft using an item of food cut with the cricut. You can do any theme or colors, just let your imagination go wild. This week my granddaughter Peyton who is 2 1/2 years old came to stay with me one day and we had some bananas that need to be made into muffins. She loves banana muffins and she loves to help. She peeled the bananas, smashed them, (her terms) put them in the batter, taste the batter when nana went to get the pans, put in pan and bake. This is how she described to her Dad on how she baked muffins complete with hand gestures, but he was on the phone lol. Her favorite part was eating them when they were finished. For this project I used the cartridges Everyday Paper Dolls, Create a Critter, Preserves, and From My Kitchen. Below the picture are the measurements.



Banana cut at 3.5 inches-Create a Critter

Muffin cut at 4.5 inches-Paper Dolls for Everyday

Word Muffins and Banana cut at 2 inches-Preserves

Pot Holders cut at 5.50 inches-From My Kitchen

Paper and cardstock from Recollections

6 comments:

  1. Diane this is too cute. I bet that was fun making them with her. I have some bananas that need to be used. I may need that recipe from you :) Also love the new blog lay out. Need to know how you do that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the Banana Muffin Layout. Especially like the cute photos that shows her enthusiasm. Fun times. Reminds me of when my daughter was younger. My daughter is now a sophomore in college studying Art Animation. You can see some of her artwork like the Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow sketches on my blog sidebar.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious. It is always fun baking with little ones:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous!! It is so much fun baking with the Grands!! What ever you bake tastes so much better!! Love the layout and the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout. Baking layouts make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.